Saturday, July 7, 2012

2012 Big Bay Boom "Bust" San Diego Firework Show

The 2012 Big Bay Boom Firework Show in San Diego for 2012 was a "Big Bay Bummer". A technical problem caused ALL of the fireworks to go off within 30 seconds. The original Big Bay Boom was set to last 15-20 minutes.

People have given names for this 4th of July, such as: "The Big Bay Bust", "The Big Bay Bummer", "The 30 second Firework Show", "The 10 second Firework Show", "Firework Fail", "Premature Initiation of the Firework Show"

The Port of San Diego announced that Garden State Fireworks, the company in charge of the show's pyrotechnics, said they would be willing to provide a complimentary show before next year over Glorietta Bay.

The cost of the 2012 Big Bag Boom was an estimated $300,000, that's about $10,000 per second.

Here is a 30 second video I recorded of The Big Bay Boom 2012.

Thanks Chris and Karl Strauss Brewing for the party! Love the Windansea Wheat.


I was at a party for Karl Strauss Brewing, AMAZING VIEW of the Bay. So at the party we had just turned off the lights and were listening to the radio station 105.7 the walrus which does a soundtrack to the firework show. They had just announced that the show was 5 mins. away. I had been adjusting my camera, getting all set up to record the entire show, when all of a sudden ALL THE FIREWOKRS WENT OFF. I quickly adjusted my camera and started recording. You can hear in the video if you listen closely "It looks like a finale". Everyone thought it was just an awesome intro for the Big Bay Boom Firework show, which is really amazing each year I watch. There are 4 locations, Shelter Island (shown on the right), Harbor Island (shown on the left), North Embarcadero (Shown in the center) and South Embarcadero (not really seen but behind Shelter Islands Show), and are all synced to go off at the same time with the same shows. With the 20 min. Firework Show going up in a blaze 5 mins early and only lasting 30 seconds, a lot of people became very upset over what happened. I found it funny how after the "Technical Problem" the radio station 105.7 still continued with the countdown and then still played the entire Firework soundtrack. After the 20 mins of music and no fireworks they ended up coming back saying "Woops, sorry, that was the show".

Thanks to everyone who has viewed this. This is actually my 1st Youtube video ever and I have had over 1 MILLION VIEWS in less than 24 hours.

Almost 2.4 Million Views over 2 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment